Test locations & info about your country
Stay up to date with the latest information about your country before starting your flight.
Check your trip
Curious about the up-to-date information about your trip? TravelDoc is continuously updated.
COVID-19 test locations
If you need a negative COVID-19 test result before departure, please check these overviews below of test locations.
Test locations and information worldwide
Discounted PCR testing
Air France and KLM will now offer discounted rates for PCR testing in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. Depending on the final destination of travel, a negative PCR test is still a requirement. In light of this, Air France and KLM have partnered with two medical laboratories and can now offer their services at a reduced rate. In order to benefit from this discounted rate, please contact one of the suppliers below and present your Air France or KLM ticket. Whilst we can confidently offer the services of our partners, the choice of testing laboratory is yours to decide and we will accept PCR tests from any accredited laboratory.
TRAVAC is a mobile travel clinic, which has been in operation for 12 years. Due to Covid-19 travel requirements, they expanded to offer PCR testing at home or offices. They come to you at a significantly discounted rate. Sample collections are done from 07:00 to 14:00 seven days a week. Test results will be delivered by 21:00 the same day. The laboratory will send a text message (SMS) with the test results followed by an e-mail. All results are QR coded and are verified by a PDF document, which can be downloaded.
Contact number to book an appointment: 073 756 9509 or 078 802 7311
Travac Discounted rates for Air France-KLM passengers:
- PCR test: ZAR 650.00 per person
- Antigen test: ZAR 350.00 per person
Navomix is a privately owned company specialising in Primary and Occupational healthcare services with a national representation within South Africa. Navomix Health offers COVID -19 testing at OR Tambo International, Cape Town International and King Shaka International airports. The results are available within 24 hours and a test certificate is issued with the results.
- OR Tambo international: 08h00-22h00
- Cape Town International: 08h00-20h00
- King Shaka International: 08h00 - 18h00
Contact number to book an appointment: 087 148 9727
Novamix Discounted rates for Air France-KLM passengers:
- PCR test: ZAR 700.00 per person
- Rapid PCR test: ZAR 1400.00 per person
- Antigen test: ZAR300.00 per person
Johannesburg O.R. Tambo International Airport has Covid-19 testing facilities (located landside) as follows:
• NHLS testing station located at the Mobile COVID-19 test unit on the lower level of the Airport (Arrivals hall level), in front of the Police station • Dischem near Security and Immigration control for terminal A • Navomix Health : Central Terminal Building departure level near check in counters 1 to 14.